We value morals and profession equally and make ceaseless self-improvement
BIM (Building Information Modeling) is a technical management model in which 3D or 4D information technology is used throughout the project lifecycle, including engineering, planning, design, construction, operation, and maintenance. It adopts an all-round, multi-dimensional, and shared digital approach in system design, collaborative construction, virtual construction, quantity calculation, cost management, and facility operation. The BIM technology can be used to eliminate potential design risks that may lead to construction delays and excessive costs. With robust data and technical support, it helps to improve the level of refined management throughout the project lifecycle, greatly enhancing project efficiency.
The Opinions of the General Office of the State Council on Promoting the Sustainable and Sound Development of the Construction Industry (GBF No. 19 ) proposes toaccelerate the integrated application of BIM technology throughout the process of planning, investigation, design, construction, operation, and maintenance, and to implement data sharing and information-based management throughout the lifecycle of engineering construction projects, thus providing a basis for optimized schemes and scientific decisions of the projects and enhancing the quality and efficiency of the construction industry.Seizing this opportunity, the School of Construction and Environment Engineering will establish the BIM Applied Technique Research Centre (BIM Centre) to enhance school-enterprise cooperation by integrating the resources of all disciplines. While serving as a talent selection and training platform, the BIM Centre will provide technical support for enterprises and engage students in practical projects to improve their employment competitiveness. The Centre will play an important role in fostering students' professional skills, developing the School's disciplines and faculties, and optimizing educational resources, which will greatly benefit the sound development of the School.
The BIM Centre will mainly engage in software teaching, BIM application in practical projects, family library development, and school-enterprise cooperation, as well as partaking in industry-related associations and forums. The details are as follows:
1. Carrying out BIM software teaching and selecting talented students in all disciplines.
2. Enhancing students' comprehensive BIM design capabilities in practical engineering projects, including architectural design, structural design, energy efficiency analysis, interior design, and construction simulation;
3. Cooperating with enterprises in multiple aspects, providing them with BIM technology services and selecting and delivering talents to suit the enterprises' needs;
4. Conducting BIM family library research and development;
5. Participating in activities of associations in the BIM industry, establishing horizontal cooperation with design and construction entities, and carrying out BIM research.
6. Strengthening the faculty and building characteristic disciplines by integrating the technical resources of the School.
Copyright © SHENZHEN POLYTECHNIC. All Rights Reserved